Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DC EP


It's the third album of the 6 record in 6 months project.
The songs of this album (4 in total) were written during the By The Way Tour.
It's one of the only albums of John where there isn't any synthesizer. It was recorded in Washington DC (it was besides named for that), at Inner Ear studios, where one of the favorite band of John, Fugazi, record their albums. John's friend, Ian Mackaye produced the album. A friend of Fugazi, Jerry Busher played drums, while John played guitar on a Les Paul junior through a Marshall amp.

To resume the album in one sentence, it's only 15 minutes long, but it's 15 minutes of pleasure...
Realease Date: September 14, 2004
Tracks:
01 Dissolve
02 Goals
03 A Corner
04 Repeating
Lyrics:

Dissolve

Flat on your back
You’re senses are lost
And you’re what you are
Just because you mean what you say
That’s not saying
That you’re so far in the clean
Nothing means anything
Last of the pack
Your image dissolves
And your life’s unresolved
All my children slaughter me
All that was is not to be
All the snakes that are on my back
Look on back and never laugh
Nothing leaves your mind
There’s nothing that is left behind
Nothing ‘round your back
Believe me girl relax
I’m in the breeze
Believe me
Nothing is seen really
All’s in the mind
See me
I am a lie
Really



Goals

Sucking on a rhyme
You know I don’t feel right
These dreams they steal all my time
They take it from my eyes
I don’t try as much to feel
Anything these days
I will try and reach the field
And there I will stay
No time comes to me now
There’s nothing I’m for or opposed to
There’s nothing I’m really supposed to do
Goals disrupt the past
One thing about a life
It’s an endless straight line
The dreams I once had
They’ve taken me for a ride
Just show me the way to leave
That’s all I need
Where I don’t notice anything
That’s where I will be
Life doesn’t come to me now
And I wouldn’t want it to
There’s nothing I’d like to do
Goals disrupt the past
There’s nothing I realize
There’s no one I despise
Nothing to hide behind
This time


A Corner

I meant it
I wouldn’t go outside and walk around
They may fear for your life
But I’ve reached this conclusion
Everyone’s in a corner
Face to the wall
I never looked the other way
I’m not allowed to at all
Great is my confusion
It never lets me be
No one said to be here
I was punished by me
And there’s a weeping fire
That’s as a mountain
And we go all the way up
To the top
Great is my confusion
It never lets me down
Everyone’s in a corner
They’ll never turn around


Repeating

Everyone’s alike here now
When it was right I moved out
Back from where I came
Life’s a funny game
Ending on a calling card
Not even knowing where we are
I make a cowardly mistake
Where are all the plans we made
Here I go again to fall apart
So long
When we meet again I will not be there
Believing in a thing you see to disbelieve
All the days that slipped away are repeating
Aint you comin’ along this time
I’ll show you the things that were mine
I’m bleeding from the walls that cry
Life has always passed me by
Here I go again to fall apart
So long
When we meet again I will not be there
Believing in a thing you see to disbelieve
All the days that slipped away are repeating

No comments: