Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Inside Of Emptiness



This album was recorded in March 2004 in Los Angeles, with John's friends Josh Klinghoffer and Ryan Hewitt (the engineer). It also features a guest appearance of The Mars Volta’s guitarist, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez.
It's most an electric album (unlike its predecessor, DC EP, which was entirely acoustic).
This is also the first time that John experimented what he called "joined guitars" with Josh Klinghoffer: on 'I'm Around's second chorus, they intertwin their two guitars through the same amp ( which puts together the two separate guitar parts as one part, that's why we only hear one guitar part).

John also wrote 3 songs on this album in reference to the British occultist Aleister Crowley (he said that he read his biography while writing these songs, and so that they were, somehow the result of it's reflection about Aleister Crowley); 'Emptiness', 'I'm Around' and '666' (which was the name Aleister Crowley often used, to defy and reject the strict religious education he has received by his parents).

Opening with 'What I saw' and containing raw songs full of power as 'Look On', this is one of my favorite of the six project (with Curtains).
The wonderful 'I'm Around', also full of power by its gorgeous lyrics, definitely show us that John Frusciante has also a real talent as a songwriter.
With true and intense lyrics, I'd say he is even one of the best today's songwriter.
Release Date: October 25, 2004


Tracks:

01. What I Saw
02. The Worlds’ Edge
03. Inside A Break
04. A Firm Kick
05. Look On
06. Emptiness
07. I’m Around
08. 666
09. Interior Two
10 Scratches



Lyrics:

What I Saw

There's one room
There's one light
There's one night
In the fire
In the pain
In the wire
This from me
This one lie
That seems right
Time cant climb
It cant be
It cant see
I see to be bright
I fall down tonight
I go to hell to be what I see
Falling again is sucha welcome end
can the end of today be more than tonight
Echoes of these far reaching sights
Stuck with the pain of knowing you should have tried
Give me your hands
And wel'll never die
This love song
It sits wrong
It means jack
The time's right to be wrong
All night long
I feel good
I feel so far away
This is mine
It could be anyday
I saw what I saw
I call up a man
Distance is what gets me right in
I had a hand in everyone losing their place
Never must stop
It's stealing my heart
A moment to squeeze begging on its Knees
I know I'll never be right beyond tonight
Give me your hands
And we'll never die



The World'S Edge

These are different lives
Being lived at the same time
Like holding in to a whole
The world's edge is closer
I'm gonna leap right off her
And that will be the end of me
Intersecting lines
Falling way behind
I'mwalking on a rope
Drifting from her
I've never been further
All I know is right
Dreams drift right past me




Inside A Break

Inside a break there's only moments that hide
Every mistake is really worth a try
I know a way a lie can be refined
Hand me your cross and run for your life
Any good luck is a falling tree
I'm noone and no one is me
All day to call some kind of faceless guide
Someday you see is just today in a guise
Every pace you go would go without you
The busiest days there's really nothing to do
I go away to turn the dark to light
Don't look at me when you're wondering why
Hymns sound so good to him
Reflections occur within
Unwind so called holes
Language is false but it speaks to me
Places are gone when there's no one to see 'em
I got a pain that spans millions of lives
Going to where we'll dive into the sky
Any old way is a new way to be
There's just no cause for beating anybody
All of us kids we like to climb to fall
Once within there's nothing better at all
Than nowhere



A Firm Kick

A firm kick in the pants
This last chance to get things right
This was one time I closed an eye
Looked away from you
Look out for yourself tonight
Sometimes I haveto get things right
I never meant what I said to you
To give up all the things that you love to do
I'd never guessed that you'd done me wrong
I'll never accept that dance and song
A little time to adjust
Would be just what we need
I've meant to tell you what I think that you think
When I cross your mind
Forgone
Stressed at the light
Whats wrong with being uptight
I never say what I intend to
But does it mean that much to you
I'd a close call with a glitch in time
Are you really that happy to be mine
No I'm not disguising
All that fighting
And dreams not come true
I will play some light from the sun
The world by my side
I will see down as a forlorn maiden in the sky
And I will play asong of thunder you may recognize
You make a never
Thats forever
Knowing what you deny
When I revisit the past its a blast
I've just gotta move on
I've just let down someone I relied on
And I dont see why
How did we pretty up that speech
M City talking through me
I've never done what I set out to do
Don't come to me 'cuz I'll run from you
Left out of life would I really care
Not a whole lot
There's nothing for me there
I'll never forget the limits that we set
Bacl when it was out moon
I never made a presence of living with good sence
It's really not my strong suit



Look On

I can't get through
Knots in my mind
I resent
The self i can't find
I can't get through
A paper and a pencil
Are the best friends i've got
I went to downtown LA.
Got picked up by the cops
I didn't get what i wanted
But i didn't care a lot
I saw that life was kidding
Look on
I'm warning you
I skipped a life
To be here
i've got no right
I'm bad luck
I used to feel a lot
Things used to be alright
so much was going on
I'm empty now inside
When i thought life was terrible
Things were going fine
Vincent called as a set up
Look on
It's not right
I lost my fame
It's a cheap trick
I wanna do it again
I've got no life
I am a seperate entity
From the guy i was before
Here nobody wants me
I hoped for something more
I flip through empty pages
That i thought i wrote on
I can't tell what is dreaming
Look on




Emptiness

And now a minute is trapped
It fell into a crack
Eleven tries leading the way
and then foresight comes
I've lost my sence of it all
The feelings I can't resolve
Circumstances outside convention
And you knwo I tried
To be part of life
I found the rest of me
I was beaten on down
Emptniess set me free
I lived on a cloud
The walk through the storm
Was like a holiday
I happened to have been warned
Over and over again
The sense of speaking dissolved
Words meanings I couldn't recall
And all I'd found did my losing
I was tough to find
Playing games with my mind
Up the drops that I climbed
In the abyss I was hurled into
By who I brought back into time
I found the rest of me
I was beaten on down
Emptiness set me free
I lived on a cloud
The walk through the storm
Was like a holiday
I happened to have been warned
Over and over again



I'm Around

You know I'm around you
I woundn't be if I didnt love you
I'm going to run through you
You know you're quite a character
It goes I haven't got a care
When we float down the river
I wonder will I lose you
When we roam through a blizzard
We'Ll joke and have another cry
I hope I'm not the other guy
We'll never scale those heights again
We've lost our daugther
Let's plan to hide from all our friends
In silent waters
Be carefil of what you are
WHat you see is just a small part
You must look for yourself im others
And all the places that you go
You see that they are part of you
I want to again be holding hands
With you underwater
And couldnt we get a second chance
To go back and start over
I was thinking before
That it was all my fault
We dropped the baton
Sunday waves and makes faces at us all the time
And I'm wondering what I call mine
Sunday waves and makes faces all the time
And I'm wondering what I call mine



666

Something these days in the air
I'm afraid to sing this song
'Cuz no one answers me
Got in the way of this one chance of mine
I throw it back
It wasn't gonna last
I jumped ahead
There was a slipstream
One good feeling there
I got out quick
Lower than I go
I'm a pinball
Sticking through alot
Then down the side wall
The drop
I must have been alone
In the mean time
Nothing comes my way
I'm proud to say
I crossed a line
I said goodbye
This state to recreate
Is the drain of time
I lead you on
There were no days to wait for
No carrying on
Life's s till a disease
Help it along
It's a sure thing
Everyone I meet is a laughing star
Who dropped
You all ought to walk through a poster
You should see how things align
Change how you see a decline
See how high you really climb
The drop



Interior Two

We walk into the hands of doom
We're coming out interior two
Why dont you come on over
Things here will never be the same
We feed the light with shadows of pain
Why dont you come on back again
I hear our song in the wind
I see clouds laughing insane
I hear out song in the wind
I see clouds laughing again
We fall into forever's lap
We speak when all the lines are tapped
And we endlessly come on back
Wherever did we find this night
I'll come back in another life
Why dont you come back over again
Won't you come back over



Scratches

The scratches of a dark night
The rashes of foresight
And I wanted you
The weight of my freezing
I had come to you
The face I was given
I have no similarities to
The spaces in the law look
Like the faces in a word book
I get by
The matches of opportunities
The last thing I've never seen
And I scream it to you
The pain I was needing
Was sort of true
The one aim I was clearing
Was the walls that grew
The crazes I overlooked
The leans into the kook
And I did
And I was screaming bloody murder
When the charges came
And I stopped by the road side
'Cuz this is from wehere I came
My God but it's so far away
It would seem accidents have gone straight to you
And you've changed your point of view
And the places you're going to
I got crowded
I get crowded
And I'm so glad that you're mine
It twists up the fabric of time
And I'm useless
And your faces are bodies
And your hands are feet
Let me roll around
In things I can't believe
But I tried
Yes I tried
And I tried
You know I tried

No comments: